I wanted to post these words of wisdom to keep the conversation of who we are in the terms of spirituality going. Peace is certainly part of that.
“Peace will be attained when we, as human beings…
- Permit ourselves to acknowledge that some of our old beliefs about God and about Life are no longer working.
- Explore the possibility that there is something we do not understand about God and about Life, the understanding of which could change everything.
- Announce that we are willing for new understandings of God and Life to now be brought forth, understandings that could produce a new way of life on this planet.
- Courageously examine these new understandings and, if they align with our personal inner truth and knowing, enlarge our belief system to include them.
- Express our lives as a demonstration of our highest beliefs, rather than as a denial of them.”
(Excerpt from The New Revelations: A Conversation with God by Neale Donald Walsch)
It is certainly sure that a new understanding of what God is is needed in the world. Religions’ continued assertion that we are separate from God that we need to rely on a separate being that can make decisions for us is such an old belief and needs revision. That God has a ‘plan’ for our lives divorces us from our own responsibilities.
What do you feel is ‘God’ for you?